As a member of the congregation it always appears to me that everything happens quite smoothly at the sermons and at the church in general. We do seem to get the occasional glitch every now and then, but this is mostly as a result of the technical issues with the computer, overhead or sound system, but these are minimal.
While this smooth sailing often goes unnoticed, I have a small inkling as to the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure that our church in general and the services go ahead smoothly and according to plan. It is this host of silent workers that I would like to thank today. I am not only thinking of the permanent staff that arranges, organises and orchestrates the whole show, but the silent back room workers whom we do not see. At the services I am thinking of the flower ladies, the tea makers after each service, the people working in the library, the people making the schedules and list, the bulletins, the prayer lists, the music group and the sound desk operators, the door stewards, the society stewards, the vestry stewards, the prayer shepherds, and the person setting out the communion. At the church in general I am thinking of the Loaves and Fishes people, the helpers at the confirmation and youth efforts, the cleaners, the caretaker, the finance people, the daily staff and all the myriad of other people I don’t even know about.
It is to ALL these people that I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for making St John’s the magic community that it is. Your silent work does not go unnoticed.
Arnold Witte
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment