Barry spoke so clearly, so powerfully, last night about being citizens of heaven and I have no doubt that he will post a blog today, but the tape will be worth listening to if you did miss the service last night, and I almost feel that my sermon from the morning is not worth even mentioning here at all!
I often ask the community to discern what it is that they are taking home with them after a service and so allow me to share with you what I felt as I went home last night, what was coming alive in my heart, and what I will carry with me into the future....
Part of me has always lived past today, into the future when I will be in heaven with God, and I won't have a car that gives trouble, or a roof that could leak, or a garden that so easily grows weeds, or a heart that could experience such lonliness... but now maybe I can really see, and perhaps I have known this partly, that God is with me, and if He is with me, and wants to be with me then heaven is not so far away, it is within me, and around me and I can and actually do experience the joys of heaven right here!
I also keep going back to something Barry said as a blessing at one service"God is with you, you have all that you need!" Putting all this together will help me to live differently and I'm going to take time as I spend a few days in Knysna thinking and praying this through as I enjoy my weekend off.
Let's learn to live the learning, guys. Have a good, blessed week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment