I spent an interesting time with the 2009 Confirmation group at SUMCAY on Saturday.
We spoke about TEAM - how we are invited to be a part of a team when we decide to follow Christ.
T - Together (in purpose)
E - We are Energised by a vision of what we are FOR, rather than what we are AGAINST (which often saps us of energy)
A - We are Affirmed in a team. A good team celebrates individuality rather than supporting individualism by fostering comparing and competition.
M - A team Maintains it's members. There are times when we are in need of care and support. I spoke about the vision of St John's - to build a healing community. If the team - if the community - we are building is not healing (i.e. helping) then it's not worth building.
Finally, I challenged them, in this world of individualism to choose community as one way of taking the spiritual life seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment