I wonder how Lent is turning out for you....?

My experience has been one of great and good intentions, dashed on the
rocks of life’s almost overwhelming demands.
On Ash Wednesday, I set out with you on a journey that I believed
would draw me into greater intimacy with God. I set out with good
intentions and a trusting heart. But then along came life, with all its
many demands …. and I never quite got around to the things that I had
so much wanted to be part of this Lenten period!
Lent is now 12 days old, and I know that I have a very long way to go, if I
am to be “ready” for Easter!
But I am reminded that Lent is essentially about “preparation”; it is not
about “arrival”. And so I am encouraged by the thought that, if all that
is happening right now is that the tension between “what is”, and “what
I long for” in my life is being highlighted, that might be enough. That
awareness alone might allow me to see things differently, and so be
prepared differently, to meet Jesus in Jerusalem? Maybe I will be better
able to acknowledge that I cannot “fix” my life on my own – that I really
do need a Saviour.
How is Lent going, for you?

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment