A Hard Road.....

A story on the news on Wednesday night saddened me. One
of the alleged killers of Eugene Terre’Blanche said he was not
appealing the judgement against him because in prison he
has three meals a day, a bed to sleep in and he can watch
TV. This is the first time in his life he has had these things.
Obviously it’s sad that at fifteen years old this is the first time
he has had steady, warm meals and a bed to sleep in, but it’s
also sad that these things outweigh justice being served. I
think many of us would choose comfort over justice.

As I reflect on the Easter Weekend recently passed, I think of
the sacrifice Jesus made in the opposite direction: that of
bearing false accusations and undergoing the hardship of the
cross to bring about Grace rather than judgement. Jesus
chose the hard road of suffering. I wonder how this Salvation
act of Jesus affects us on a day-to-day basis? Are we
following in the footsteps of Jesus trying in whatever way we
are able to show love to our friends and family and
colleagues? Do we walk the tough road with Jesus to respond
to injustice? Do we count our voices among those who speak
up for those who have no voice? It’s my prayer that we might
become the people who, with God’s Grace, live out
Resurrection Love so that God’s presence might be seen in
all the world, especially in the difficult times.
Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment