It is with sadness that I write this column as it will be the last
one I write. But as I write it, I am reminded of the many
memories I have in this place, the learning that I have gained
here, the conversations and fun times I’ve had, and the sad
and frustrating times as well.
But through it all, the most endearing quality of this place has
not been its beautiful building, but its people. The
word 'faithful' comes to mind… faithful in presenting the
gospel, faithful in the pursuit of community, faithful in seeking
justice for all and more than anything, faithful to come back to
this place to worship week by week, even in times of grieving
and heartache.
I want to thank you all for this faithfulness and for welcoming
me and Claire into your church, homes and lives. God has
blessed us and continues to bless us through you.
But as we leave, I am aware that the new preaching series
coming up is looking at creation and our place in the world,
this is something that sits close to my heart and it’s my prayer
as I leave, that we as a community will engage with this
series, be faithful to the teaching of Jesus and seek to make
our community and our world a place where we can
experience abundant life without hindrance from the harsh
elements.
God Bless
Brett
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment