As schools get going again, there can be no doubt that we are well and
truly into 2011! Traffic is back to its usual hectic volumes, shops are
busy, and “holiday fever” slowly recedes E
Here at St John’s, however, “Back to School” is a great thing –
it’s great to have all our younger worshippers back with us; it’s great to
see Sunday School starting up again; its great to know that WACS will
resume shortly; its great to see the Wesley Guilders around again E our
family feels complete.
As we begin this year, we are also very excited about the new strength
we have in our staff team, particularly insofar as people to help us
strengthen and grow our ministry to youth and “young adults” is
concerned.
Michelle Badman has already joined us as a part-time Children’s Pastor.
Elzaan Cothill joined us this week, as our full time Youth Pastor. As time
goes on, I am sure that you will get to know and love these two
remarkable young women; and I would really encourage you to help
them feel at home in our midst quickly.
Between them, Michelle and Elzaan face an enormous challenge –
getting to know the St John’s community, and gathering leaders and
youth around them in a vibrant ministry. Consequently, I am sure that
they will soon be approaching at least some of us for various kinds of
help, both in finding their feet, and in getting things going. My
experience was that this community is really helpful and supportive in
that regard; I pray that theirs will be, too.
As we celebrate these developments, let us remember that our Youth
are not merely the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today E
just as much as we are. And so I rejoice with you in the strengthened
ministry this vital part of our community will be receiving; and in the kind
of formation the leaders of tomorrow are enjoying.
I am really glad that “School is Back” E even with the longer travel time
to work. How about you?
Rod
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment