This Wednesday (9 March) is Ash Wednesday – the start of Lent. We will reflect on Jesus` time in the desert when He was tempted by the devil for forty days and forty nights.
Lent is a special time for Christians worldwide. It is a time in which we do some self-examination for Easter and also a time in which we are invited to give up something that is unhelpful or take up something which is helpful. I would like to encourage us to take Lent seriously and to commit to, over the next few weeks, work on a particular area in our walk with Jesus. I have decided to once a week; bless an underprivileged person with a meal. I should probably not have told you this, because now you can hold me accountable to that...
Just remember, though, that if you ask me whether I have honoured my commitment, I will want to know what you are doing to make your Lenten season more meaningful. What will your answer be?
Blessings to you during this season,
Bevan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment