The period after Easter is always a strange time. There had been this build up towards the great festival and there seems to be an anti-climax after Resurrection Sunday. I think I speak on behalf of all our Pastoral Staff when I say that we are tired, very tired. But it is a good tired…
This year’s Easter has been a blessing to us as we trust it has been a blessing to you. A big “thank you” to all those who helped to make Easter here at St. John’s special and significant. We truly appreciate your hard work. To those who faithfully came to attend what we had on: “Thank you”, and we trust that you have been changed by the message of the Death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus.
We are now on our journey towards Ascension Day, which is followed by Pentecost, the coming of the Holy Spirit. Pentecost is also the birthday of the Universal Church. Before us, then, lies an exciting road as we look to the Scripture readings that follow the Resurrection and what they mean to us spiritually.
It was Pope John Paul II who said: “We are an Easter people, and ‘Hallelujah’ is our song.” I pray that, as we continue growing wholeness in this period after Easter, we will be singing “Hallelujahs” to the Risen Christ, the Champion of Love.
Bevan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment