Get Involved........

I'm sure you are all as excited as I am about the endless possibilities our facilities here at St. John's open to us. And there are already so many exciting things happening here that it's hard to keep count! This has been the case for much of our history, and I'd like to reflect on my journey this week, in order to encourage you as we explore ways to get involved in the various groups and ministries in our church.

When I was a wee lad, many moons ago, I started attending junior youth, and my interests in the life of St. John's grew very quickly. Soon it was time to move on to WACS (our senior youth group at the time) and it was then that my musical abilities started making themselves known... I was quickly swept up in the worship teams at WACS, Sunday School, and eventually in the 6pm service. At the same time my heart was always drawn to helping out with things like the Youth ministry team and various outreaches and camps that we did. It was always a really fun and exciting time, as well as an experience that helped me to grow into the person I am today. Most of these opportunities, in fact, are still going! So it's never too late to start, and I still feel that the spiritual nourishment I get from these ministries and groups is vital!

So my message to you is this: please, don't just sit here in church and smile at the friendly faces every Sunday, because the more you get involved the more you start to grow in relationships and deep friendships with the family of St. John’s. There is no other place quite like it in the world, and if you ask any person you see, I can vouch for their hospitality! And you will be more than welcome to join in the fun! And who knows what new and exciting things we can achieve as a family?!

WiDJet

No comments:

Post a Comment