It seems to be that time of the year, where our lives become jam packed with things to do. Where it seems that life is getting tougher and tougher to go through. Day by day some form of struggle exists, and begins to drain us emotionally, physically and mentally. Is anyone going through the same feeling or is it just me? It seems that lately I have noticed more and more of the young people, getting sucked into this form of depression, and being "over" life. Why is it that at this particular time of year, we get so caught up in other things to do, we 'forget' to spend time with God?
I am reminded at this time of year, when three years ago, three of my close friends passed away within ten days of each other! It was one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced, as I was only 18, never having lost someone I knew personally and were friends who I would spend time with. It was at that time too, when it was reaching closer towards writing my Matric exams, so every day was a test of some form. I found it extremely difficult to deal with and go through all these emotions of not understanding why this had to happen now, being stressed out to the maximum, trying to study, but couldn't. I still went to School, and in our Devotions, my teacher and classmates all prayed for me and with me, and for days they continued to do so, giving me the strength and support. With my close group of class mates, it turned out to be one of my most life-impacting circumstances. Not having to deal with everything on my own, made a remarkable difference and learned once again, to give and surrender absolutely everything to our Saviour.
Is it maybe that as the year goes by, we take on more responsibilities, and try to control what and how we think our lives should be run? And then God turns around and gives us a reminder that we aren't the most important person here on earth - that only He is? I don't know. But one thing I do know for sure is that during all our happenings in life, we cannot do things on our own. Without a support group or true friends that are there for you through thick and thin and, most importantly, without Christ, we will find life tougher than ever before!
So I want to encourage you to HANG IN THERE and grab onto God, He will carrying you through it all...like the footprints in the sand.
Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment