We start the season of Advent well....


The start of Advent has been very special here in our community, and I feel that I would like to share some of what took place with you – we had a quiet morning at Schoenies on Saturday morning and not even the rain could dampen our spirits, the venue was very good and we will certainly make use of it again. We spent time reflecting on whether Scripture, living within us, was significant in our lives.
During our time of sharing together afterwards I think that we discovered that this was true.
Some of the reflections were:
Scripture encourages us to trust.
Scripture is rich in insights.
Scripture facilitates our experiencing of God and His grace.
Scripture has a way of encouraging us through all seasons of our lives.
Scripture encourages me to be myself, enhancing all the things I am- giving me identity in Christ.
Scripture encourages us to peace.
There were many others, and it was good to take time as we begin Advent to realise that Scripture is more than just a bunch of ideas, that when we read, wrestle and engage Scripture it leads to growth within us.
It was time well spent.
Then we had the choir lead us in the cantata during worship in the morning, and the Christmas message came alive as the stories were sung. These stories reminded us that the gospel of Christ brings much joy.
In the evening we had the Carol’s service with some wonderful carols sung with gusto by a packed church.
Tim, with a little help from his friends, made us think about what we really wanted for Christmas, and I think that question will be worthwhile pondering through this Advent season.
My skills on the computer are very limited but I hope that Barry or Tim will be able to put a few photos on the web tomorrow.
Have a blessed week….

No comments:

Post a Comment