Loving in an imperfect world...

this morning I spoke about what is worth fighting for. I suggested that we need to be reading, listening, thinking, talking - engaging with the hurting world that we live in:

some of the issues that I mentioned are here: choose one and see where it leads...

violence against women and children

article by Mari Theunissen
Problems with sex education in SA
Statistics on the POWA (People against Woman Abuse) website (South Africa)
Global Stats


HIV-Aids

AVERT - website on HIV-Aids

poverty

Fraud and Financial misconduct in government
Gini index of countries - UNDP 2006 figures
Countries with the greatest inequality

xenophobia

Article on "amakwerekwere" by Carolyn Dempster

Jesus said: "I have not come to bring peace on this earth - but rather division" (Luke 12:51) I'm choosing to interpret these words to mean that the values that he is FOR, will confront and challenge us where out lives reflect the absence of those values...

No comments:

Post a Comment