Tom and I want to thank the community of St. John’s for all the support, love and care as we took the plunge and decided to get married – what a wonderful day we had together – it was the most perfect day in all respects and now we are back and will settle down into one home and we look forward to this new adventure!

Last night in the evening service we looked at the questions – “why do we wrestle so with the deep desire to have everything now?” And a further question “Is there any value in having to wait?”

We chose to read from Isa 30 verses 15 to 18, Psalm 130 and 131 and John 12 verses 24 and 25 and then Barry and I had a little conversation about the value of waiting.

I wonder if the value when we have to wait is that we don’t just live on the surface, a place that is rather shallow and very selfish, but we find ourselves having to reflect and we begin to dig deeper within our souls and much like the layers in an onion we find there is more and more depth to ourselves! And perhaps its as we go down into these deeper places within ourselves that we are open to God and He can grow us. That in turn will mean that we will begin to embrace different values and make better decisions for our lives.

We may not fully get what we are waiting for ………… but we may realize we have what we need already – or we will be so much more prepared to receive that we so deeply desire.

What I learnt as I waited that will be so precious to me forever is that I am God’s precious, beloved child – and that good news is for each one of us – what an identity to be able to claim and declare to the world!.

Praise God for His Grace and Mercy always

No comments:

Post a Comment