YOU AND I, LORD
You and I, Lord, began our journey so very long ago
Together we’ve endured through the years.
You have sweetened allmy joys.
You’ve brought comfort in my pain.
We’ve come so far and yet we have just begun.
You and I, Lord, we’ve seen darkness.
There were times when I was lost along the way.
I’ve been lonely. I’ve been frightened. I had to learn to trust.
But You were there by my side. You never let me go.
You were the light in my night, that brought the day.
Thank you for your faithfulness, Your strength and your love,
for gifts of special places, and for friends.
Thank you for drawing me ever closer to You.
Be with me on the road that lies ahead.
You and I, Lord, we share life.
Together we have been, and will be.
My life is yours, Lord.
I am open to the mysteries and the wonder of your love.
You have sweetened all my joys.
You’ve brought comfort in my pain.
We’ve come so far and yet we’ve just begun.
You have sweetened all my joys.
You’ve brought comfort in my pain.
We’ve come so far and yet we’ve just begun.
On Sunday we were sitting at the feet of Jesus leaning about discipleship – we were looking at Luke 14 from verse 25 and it is an interesting passage to wrestle with - so take some time in this week
I was given this prayer, possibly written by an Irish nun and it speaks to me of our journey of discipleship – hope you might also identify with some of what she expresses about her walk with Jesus.
Blessings for this new week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment