
Building Community by Encouraging Friendship
1-6 September
What is the Week of Hospitality?
164+ members of St John’s will be sharing a meal with a group of fellow members in the first week of September. Groups of 6 or 7 people will gather in about 30 homes for a meal.
Our Purpose
One of the central goals of St John’s is to Build Healing Community. Real Community begins when we greet each other by name. It is cemented when friendships are established; and it is fulfilled when we pray together and support each other through pain or difficulty.
We are seeking to be a community of friends...
Barry, good luck with an excellent initiative. Good thing you do not have copyright on such excellent ideas!! What I learnt at ST. John's is helping me sooooo much. Thank you, you will never ever realise just how much I learnt from you and the community of ST. John's.
ReplyDeleteLouis (sorry, I forgot my password to Google, that is why I appear as "anonymous"
Firstly, Barry, what are you doing up at 2.44am? Tut,tut....Secondly, we pray that God will richly bless each gathering and that the connections that will be made will be deep, meaningful and lasting.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week discovering each other....
Shalom,
Carol an Tom