God is Faithful........ thank you Bevan!

I will be in Cape Town this weekend. My home church is celebrating its 175th birthday. My heart is filled with thanksgiving and excitement as I join the community in Somerset West for an eventful weekend. There will be so much happening, so much for us to rejoice about, but we will also need to pause, to reflect.....and remember. 175 years did not go by quickly. We are part of the history of the church. God has been active in our family of faith since day one and He still has not stopped being faithful.
When I think of our church in Somerset West and how it has come through so many hard times, how we were threatened to be moved in the 60's, how ministers have come and gone, how stalwarts have lived and died, how finances rose and dropped - when I think about all these things, then there is one thought that becomes clear in my mind amidst the fog of the future: GOD IS FAITHFUL! For generations, God has blessed our Somerset West church in so many wonderful ways, when pain and problems arose, God supplied our needs in some way, as only God can. Nothing has changed up until today as God has always undertaken for our church and He will do the same for St. Johns.
As we face the many challenges here at St. John's, I believe that God will come through for us, provide for us, open doors for us and lead us into the future which now seems so daunting. In God's faithfulness, God will let His plan and purposes unfold for our St. John's community.
I don't know how many of us will still be around when St. John's celebrates its 175th birthday but let us give our children's children a thought to remember - that of the faithfulness of God.
Yours Bevan

2 comments:

  1. Thanx Rev Bev,hope your weekend back with your home church community was exceptional.I'm sure they were all glad to see you again........................but remember.....................we'll also be glad when you are back "home" at St Johns :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a fab time and your mom cooked up a storm.welcome back and thanks for bringing the rain!!!!!!We look forward to your message on sunday?
    Slats

    ReplyDelete