It is with grateful thanks that I acknowledge the people of St Johns for their faith in me. For a minister, nothing beats having a spectacular congregation and a spectacular group of circuit stewards. I have been blessed with both.
Let me pay a special tribute to the late Rev Barry Marshall who was a brother, friend and colleague and I thank him for giving me an opportunity to minister and grow in my ministry, he allowed me to make mistakes and grow from them. Thanks Mlungu.
The people that I have met that have made the journey so memorable, the humble people who have moved me and really made me feel that my work is special, the people who told me that their spirit had been touched after a ceremony, the people who inspired and supported me with their prayers. I am happy that I have been surrounded by positive people wanting to build a better church.
So, as I leave, I would say that the best gift that the congregation of St Johns could give me is to continue to strive for excellence in all that they do, be true custodians of our Church.
For myself on a personal note - well of course, the last few months have been really difficult but I am old enough to know that you don’t grow without difficult times and that inevitably they are the times that provide the greatest satisfaction and learning. So, I am sure that a few months from now I will look back and say that this experience has been good for me.
You all have a special place in my heart and when I say I love you I mean it. It has been my privilege to work in this circuit. To my colleagues, there are hardly words - your loyalty, hard work commitment to the church is inspiring. Your constancy, support, real love and affection and dedication has made me what I am today.
I will miss you all, UThixo anisikele.
Mxolisi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment