A Time for Tea....



One thing I have learnt about the people of St John’s, particularly the staff and leaders, is that we will find any excuse, and I really mean, ANY excuse, to celebrate something – anything! Whether it be someone’s birthday, or someone’s “non-birthday”, or “everybody’s” birthday, or the building’s birthday, the opening of the new building, the fact that it is good weather, bad weather – whatever! There are few days where there isn’t a celebration of some sort going on, even if it is “I-felt-like-an-apple-so-I-bought-everyone-apples day”!
This results in a lot of smiles, cakes, cups of tea and, most importantly, memories! I am grateful for these moments, because they teach me something very unique about life and worship – that we need to take time to celebrate and make memories, otherwise we blink, and it’s Christmas! I’d like to share another celebration…

On Sunday the 21st of August, we confirmed three young people at the 6pm service – Kurt, Sinda and Linah. They formed part of the “SHIFT” discipleship group that had been running since February.
We are so proud of them for making this decision, and as a 6pm congregation we were able to celebrate with them as they move into the next phase of their walk with God. How awesome it is to share life with those who make a 180 degree turn to follow Jesus! I’m sure there was great rejoicing, even in heaven! Thanks to everyone, especially Lauren Marshall, who invested in this group’s life over the last 6 months.

May we be encouraged to continue to take time to celebrate life’s pleasures, and sometimes even its hardships. Maybe these words say it better: “nothing is too big or too small to ponder over a cup of tea (or coffee)!”

                       Elzaan

No comments:

Post a Comment