Cate's Baptism

I am humbled and grateful to be able to share my life with this community - and that includes significant moments like this past sunday, when Cate was baptised...

In some ways it's hard not to receive special treatment. The community all know me and are interested in me and my family in a way that they can't be toward the regular family bringing a child for baptism. but in another way, Sunday represented how ordinary I am in this community - just another dad, just another family bringing their fmaily for baptism...

I enjoy that feeling of being a part of something greater than myself - part of a story that transcends my story...

As a person, I think alot about the meaning of things... so as a part of my own preparation for Sunday, I wrote the following prayer:

If all beings are words of God
Then, once again you have spoken

If all of creation is part of The Song
Then God, this majestic music invites us
to join in the singing

If every moment is a touch of Your brush
on canvas
Then God, you enthral us with the beauty
of the masterpiece you are working on

We celebrate the life of Cate:

a gentle word
the first movement of a magnificent symphony
an artwork that claims our attention

We anticipate

thrilling conversation
tears and joy as the song is heard
moments that humble
when we see
when we really see the gift

No comments:

Post a Comment