I'm not sure that he is saying "completely ignore education", but what he may be saying is that we ought to look at the 'type' of education we are giving ourselves, stupid things like is a good Christian education being able to recite all the books of the Bible in order, or is it knowing what some of those books say and being able to live as Christ in your daily life? In other words I think he is talking about not just knowing stuff for the sake of it, but knowing stuff that is valuable for my salvation and putting it into practice within my life to bring about real life changing Christ-centeredness.
I'm not sure that he is saying "completely ignore education", but what he may be saying is that we ought to look at the 'type' of education we are giving ourselves, stupid things like is a good Christian education being able to recite all the books of the Bible in order, or is it knowing what some of those books say and being able to live as Christ in your daily life? In other words I think he is talking about not just knowing stuff for the sake of it, but knowing stuff that is valuable for my salvation and putting it into practice within my life to bring about real life changing Christ-centeredness.
ReplyDeletethanks missionboy for commenting..
ReplyDeletei've copied your comment over to the SEEDS blog... seedproject.blogspot.com - there's a link there from the web-site.
Barry