... check this out!

Can you believe it is the start of February!? As you might know,
the fact that January is over, also means I have been in Port
Elizabeth for a whole month!
Coming from Gauteng, living in P.E. has proved to come with
some major challenges – deciding whether to go to Sards or the
Beachfront, getting to work in under 2 hours due to no traffic,
breathing fresh air and actually having time to “chill” and enjoy
the beauty of creation. Tough lifeB I could definitely get used to
this! All jokes aside, Dean and I have loved every moment of our
first month here. And I have been so welcomed by the St John’s
community – THANKS to all of you!
Here at St Johns, as we look forward to the rest of 2011, there
are some really exciting new developments in the youth
department! While recognizing our traditions and history, we also
can’t wait for the new life God has in store for us, particularly in
the life of young people. Please check out the bulletin insert for
all that is happening. All activities are up and running from this
week. I’d like to highlight SHIFT, our new confirmation
programme (starts 27 Feb), and the changing of the names of
WACS (now COMMUNITY) and GROW (now FUEL), both on
Friday nights.
I look forward to continue to partner with all of you, in word, deed
and prayer, to make this church a vibrant and welcoming place
for our young folk. I’d love to know your thoughts on the matter,
so please feel free to come and chat about youth-related
activities or concerns, or if you would like to be involved in any
way!
Much love,
Elzaan

No comments:

Post a Comment