On Sunday we worshipped as the greater family of St John's, as the whole community worshipped together allowing all the flavours of each service (and we have 6 on every Sunday)to be tasted by all! It was hard work and many people helped to make the service a reality. But reality it was! It was great, and we had the opportunity to see, taste, feel, hear and know that our community is very diverse, yet Jesus is at our centre- regardless of our style of worship, our age, our colour,or even our sexual preference!
Barry reminded us in his sermon that the question we should be asking is "What is God doing?"and then to reflect on the question "Who are we becoming?" Good questions, and as we consider them prayerfully, I think we will begin to see the new thing that God is doing right here at St John's.
I feel a sense of excitement as we prepare for Advent and then into next year, as I feel that we have something to hold up before us, that will help us find purpose and belonging! Look forward to any comments.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment