Questions and Comments

A few days ago, a person who worships at the the 11am service made a comment on this forum about the challenge we face with being a multi-cultural and multi-lingual church. You can read the comment here

I was so glad that he or she had used this forum to express their concerns!

I would welcome any member of St John's to use this forum to express concerns, or even better, to ask questions about our community of faith. As the staff of the Potter's House, we would love to engage in a conversation about how you perceive our church, it's strengths and weaknesses...

If you want to ask a question or make a comment, click on COMMENTS below and do that. You can remain anonymous if you would prefer! Look forward to your questions!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think, it is wonderful to belong to a community that encourages individuals to have their own opinion. It would be great if we lived in a world where every one was entitled to their own opinion, yet was still sensitive enough to respect the rights of others and look at others opinions. St Johns for me, is a place where I can express my opinion, even if that differs with the majority; I can do this comfortably knowing that my rights will still be respected, even if my opinion is different. I really pray that the members of St Johns, and even more so, members of the greater community we call earth will use this opportunity to chat to each other over the forum; lets get to know some individuals while respecting their rights to their opinions! Thanks St Johns for an awesome opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aussie for your comment. I realise that some people are afraid of this "open-minded" approach - there is the fear that we get into a situation of "anything goes". But what I have realised is that previously the church prescribed what everyone had to believe - but people who thought differently just went underground. They continued to have their own opinion, but in silence - for fear of rejection of even persecution.

    I would rather us operate in the light - talk openly and frankly, as you suggest. It may make us feel a little insecure for a while, because there will be many different views flying around. But in the long term, we're working towards a more peaceful, tolerant, considerate and gentle conversation...

    I'm curious to know whether there are others out there who agree - and even more curious to hear from those who may disagree!!!

    ReplyDelete