AM I BEING THE PERSON I WANT TO BE

The question we asked ourselves on Sunday morning was this- “Am I being the person I want to be?” This flowed from the parable of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16 v 19 to 31.

What is really important to us and I have been reminded of what is important as I read once again Mitch Albom’s book “Tuesdays with Morrie” – where Morrie, dying slowly from a debilitating disease, tells his young friend Mitch that the most important thing in life is to give out love and let it in. We don’t think we deserve love, and we think when we do we will become soft!

We wondered whether the rich man would have made different choices if he had been part of a community like St. John’s where we have a vision we hold before us where we embrace the following values very close to our hearts –

Honouring God in worship
Following Jesus
Living the learning
Build healing community
Serve the city

We may not always get it right but at least we hold it like a candle to bring light to any choices we make. Let’s make some life-giving choices that will bring hope and life to others and ourselves.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment